For Sale: Phenolic Plenum Board for 48x96 CNC

For sale:

4’x8’ phenolic plenum board used on my 48x96 Pro. Already has grid cnc’d for four 2’x4’ zones. All-Star CNC grid gasketing in place. Four shower drains installed and sealed ready to accept 2” PVC pipe to your vacuum system (I had it hooked up to a Black Box Hurricane system). Could be sawn in half for two 48x48 Pros.

Price: $1200 (which is the material cost alone)

Unfortunately, I will not be able to ship this, thus pickup only. Located in the Tulsa, OK area.

Why am I selling this…have upgraded to a 60x120 Pro machine.

Not interested in your 4x8 phenolic plenum, but curious if you are going to do the same on your 60x120, which is what I have been looking at recently. I can’t seem to find any local Atlanta vendors that can get a 60x120 phenolic sheet. The only online place I found so far is 8020.net which has up to 60x120 for $43.46/sq-ft (about $2,173.32 + freight).

Ditto on the source inquiry!

On the 60x120, I went with 3/4” King Plastic Goods HDPE. Used a single flute bit to cut the grid. I was able to buy it through Dakota Hardwoods.

Finding phenolic in the 60x120 size was a non-starter from a sourcing standpoint in the Tulsa area. The HDPE sheet I mentioned was readily available in 48x96 sheets, so I bought two, and just epoxied two additional pieces to make up the 60x120 area. Note: it’s recommended to put a 60x120 sheet of mdf under the HDPE plenum board.

no issues with HDPE warping after milling?

None at all.

Did you epoxy the HDPE to the MDF, screws, both?

Just a dozen screws. When I setup the g-code in vcarve for the grid, I added a dozen countersunk holes along around the perimeter and a few down the center in between the zones.

any pictures of new setup?

Out of town, but I’ll take a few when I get back to the shop midweek.