For those who have a rotary axis, I’ve just released an open-source package of python scripts for making and modifying G-code for the Rotary Axis. This includes the probing and cylindrical auto-leveling techniques I’ve used to create the isogrid cylinders I’ve posted about previously. They aren’t the most user friendly scripts yet, but I’m hoping that other might find them useful. Below is a list of the current scripts and functions.
EDIT: The output G-code will work with both Mach3 and Mach4, however, the probing functions require a macro. I’ve included a macro for Mach 4, but there isn’t one yet for Mach3.
- pre_probe_cylinder.py - Script to create a G-code file for probing a cylinder before machining
- pre_probe_cylinder_edge.py - Script to create a G-code file for probing a cylinder edge before machining
- pre_probe_cylinder_plot.py - Script for plotting pre-probe results
- probe.py - Python module containing common probe functions
- cut_groove_cylinder.py - Script to cut a groove (one tool width) into a cylindrical part. Can either be a constant depth or interpolates from a pre-probe file
- cut_recess_cylinder.py - Script to cut a recess (greater than one tool width) into a cylindrical part. Can either use a constant depth or interpolates from a pre-probe file
- drill_holes_cylinder.py - Script to drill holes circumfrentially around a cylinder at a specific X location
- apply_cylinder_autolevel.py - Reads in a G-code file, and writes out a new G-code file with cylinderical autoleveling applied
- convert_to_inverse_time.py - Take G-code using G94 feedrate and convert it to inverse time mode (G93)