Using Xbox controller

Does anyone have a link to instructions for xbox controller with avid 4896? I have two machines and have always used a mini keyboard, but I have some time to fiddle and thought I might give it a try. Or if anyone has a better method I’d be interested.

2 Likes

I saw it was posted already but Jay Bates was where I got the info for mine. Totally free software and programmable. DM me if you have questions. You can set anything you do on the keyboard to a button on the remote. Easy peasy

Since the OP had his question answered, I’ll ask this since it’s relevant. I tried this and got mostly there. Two issues I’m having that have kept me from adopting it long-term so far…

1- Even though I checked the setting Jay said to check so that it auto-starts each time, I still have to go into the software and enable the controller each time. Any thoughts?

2- This may be a Mach4 question, but my incremental jogs seem too much. How do I change it so that each button press (or keyboard press) goes a specified number of units vs whatever is set by default in the Avid Mach4 profile?

I restart it every time I start Mach.

I have one of the buttons set up to be the start for the incremental jog, and as I hold that button down, I can move the joystick and it moves to the increment that I have set. I usually access this going into jog operations and have to use my mouse to set my jog increment. I just went into the keyboard map of what is used in Mach and I did that in the controller software. Hope this helps sorry for the weird formatting, but I’m driving and doing this with voice to talk.

Would you please elaborate on this from last OctoberZ? I don’t quire get it. THANKS

OOOPPS. HERE IS YOUR QUOTE: “ I just went into the keyboard map of what is used in Mach and I did that in the controller software”

1 Like