Clear dust boot brush?

I agree; one of the things I struggle with is having a brush that is flexible enough for 2.5" deep machining, but strong enough to not get in the way of an ATC tool change.

I have a clear dust boot. It has two thicknesses of clear flexible vinyl . The upper one is the thick plastic you see hanging down when you walk into a big cooler room in a grocery store. The other one is much thinner and hangs below the thicker vinyl. The thin vinyl still gets sucked in but only where it extends below the thicker vinyl. You have to be careful not to extend the thick vinyl too low to make sure it never touches the surface of what you are cutting because it is not very flexible. It works fairly well and allows me to see all the cutting action which is very important to me. I have a small shop vac near by and use it to pick up the stray chips. I am not worried about some of the big chips escaping, it is the dust you want to collect so you don’t breathe it and my setup does this well.

Thanks Tim for the info! General consensus seems to indicate I need thicker PVC/vinyl, particularly in the top part. I need to get around to experimenting with it again…

1 Like