Joystick Moveable Dust Boot

Hi, everyone. It’s been a while but I wanted to share a project I’ve been working on. It’s a system that allows me to move the dust boot up and down with a joystick at anytime. When turned on it will auto home and it will home (move up out of the way) when I do a automatic or manual tool change. So many times by the end of the job the brush is being crushed so this will allow me to adjust the dust boot without pausing the job. I’ll share a few pictures. Didn’t we used to be able to upload videos? The controller will also be able to autofocus a laser mounted to the left of the spindle. A control panel will be mounted just to the right of the spindle and will also have controls for air and coolant. Anyway enjoy. And yes the handle on the vacuum hose sucks pun not intended.

3 Likes

Nice! I like the handle…that is a great idea!

1 Like

Thanks. Took a while to get it printed the way I wanted. I think this will be more comfortable. Hope to be able to pick it up and clean around the area.

1 Like

Putting together some of the parts I’ll need for the high and low pressure air and coolant for the spindle and the air assist for the laser.

2 Likes

I like turning something that looks like this

Into something like this.

1 Like