Hi fellow Avid CNC Users,
I completed version 2 of my CNC dust shoe. I fixed some of the issues on my first version that I shared earlier this year – a big thanks to everyone who provided feedback on it! Here’s the video about my design goals, features, print tips, assembly, and how much the materials cost:
- ATC compatible (ie: a slim design) to fit between tool stations. I can get 10 stations on a 4’ table with this dust shoe, and not have to dock it.
- Removable dust shield – now a split design, with tabs to avoid having it get pushed off
- Removable dust hose port - so you can pull it off and use it as a vacuum
- Small size, so it can be printed on a typical home 3d printer
- Modular and parametric design: The Fusion 360 file allows for easy modifications of any of the sizes, such as the dust port, spindle size, and offset (to name a few).
The files are all free for you to download:
Here are some photos: