My new ceiling mount arm for my CNC monitor and computer

I finally found a way to mount my monitor and computer so that it didn’t interfere with machine access, use up my workbench space, and has no cables on the ground to trip on.

4 Likes

That’s nice… and I thought I was being slick by mounting and old TV to the wall as a second screen! :wink:

I have a laptop on a rolling cart right now and use the same remote keyboard that you have which I use to jog and set offsets. The cart is not as much of a problem but not being able to see the screen when using the remote keyboard is less than ideal. It would definitely be better to have the whole computer system with a large screen on a arm like you have but the cost of the such a big arm seems prohibitive. I will look through your links to see if I can get some alternative ideas. Thanks for posting.

Steve

I actually wanted to put a big screen TV on the wall, but I just didn’t have room on the wall.

1 Like

@jjneeb what an incredible setup! So clean and unobtrusive. Got my wheels turning… thanks for the share!

Look around on Craigslist for dentist offices closing. I found a similar arm from a scrap x ray machine.

Of course…we all have CNC machines, so if anyone had a design?

3 Likes

great idea, @abakker about the dentist office arm.
Also, I’ve been thinking since I saw this thread about designing a ceiling mount. Somebody must have a start on a design! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

That would be great. I got close to starting, then I found the used one and took the lazy route :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well thought out and excellent solution. Thanks for sharing!