Ready to retire and move so I must sell off all of my CNC machines

I have a few CNC machines from a turn key belt driven 16" wide table top to a metal 60" x 60 " using all Avid controllers. I ALSO HAVE A JOES that is in parts with unistrut stand with a cistom metal wrapped X. I also have over 100 cnc parts from new never used controllers, gecko drivers to chinese spindles vfd and so much it will take me a few weeks to list. Truly it overwhelming how much stuff I do have.

All my stuff is either new or lightly used or hobby level used.

Gping from a 3000 sq foot shop in my backyard to a retirement home with no garage at all is almost as stressful to me as inventoring and trying to sell off all my stuff.

My question is before I inventory all my stuff, which is a enormous undertaking, can only Avid stuff be here or any brand CNC items?

3 Likes

Since it sounds like a lot of the stuff has some Avid CNC parts/controllers I’d say go ahead and list them.

2 Likes

Hi, Looks like they posted rules and all machines are fair game. So you are good to go. You don’t happen to live in AZ do you? Just checking in case I might be interested. Thx!

1 Like

Ha no, I’m in Massachusetts and already have way too many CNC parts! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The shop is in IL , I am stuck in FL right now with a medical issue. As soon as I am fit to travel I will start the process of selling off my shop items, which I dread. I probably won’t list until I can list everything all at once.

It stinks that I will most likely get pennies on the dollar for things I never even opened, but I didn’t plan on a medical issue taking me down. All my future CNC plans are now gone. I will make 5 more projects and then its over for me.

When people see what I have as mostly a hobbyist I think some minds will be blown on how I even accumulated this many items and again much of it never used. Some things will be new old stock so who knows someone trying to find an old part might get lucky.

The rules were a bit vague to me on whether it had to be Avid stuff or anything CNC goes, thanks.

1 Like

I’m just getting started with CNC after building my own with Avid stuff and my own controls - Retiring soon and need to stay busy - I’d be interested in buy some bits to get me started out right.

1 Like

Hi Dovetail65, I’m in Monee, IL. Whatcha got that your selling? If you could post pictures and a brief explanation that would be great.

1 Like

I won’t be posting a list for a good 6 weeks. I am stuck out of state until my health issues are worked out.

I will post once I get close to selling. I just wanted to make sure the non Avid stuff could go here.

2 Likes

Well I live in Northern IL. list your stuff when able to understand out of state now. I will watch. Hope all works out for you Sir.

2 Likes

I am pretty far north myself, in Woodstock.

1 Like

Hi @dovetail65
Firstly, I’m really sorry to hear about your health issue, and that it’s forcing you to part with this stuff. Hopefully long after you sell your items to forum members, we can keep this thread alive and share what new life your great stuff has been able to bring about.
As for me, I’m in Oswego IL, so we’re only like an hour and 25 mins apart or so. Whenever you’re back in the area, feel free to reply on this thread or get in touch on direct message with any of us voicing interest. I’d love to come out and meet you and see what may work out.
Many thanks,
Ryan

1 Like