Dust hose support

What is the best way to support the dust hose so it does not get caught on the z axis drag chain. My dust shoe hose connects in the front of the spindle. I have the hose supported on a rail above the machine?

I have the 3D printed guide described in The Ultimate Dust Collection Hose Clamp! - YouTube. I further zip tied my hose to the top of the z-axis cable guide. The hose then goes to a bungie cord attached to Rockler’s rolling track before attaching to the swivel dust port to my dust collector pipes.

It works pretty well for my 5x10 Pro with a some occasional hose untwisting on my part (plus the Rockler roller will bind and not move sometimes.)

1 Like

I used some bar stock and roll in t-nuts bolted to the Z axis and bungee cords with blast gates to select between machines.

Thanks for the info. I ended up doing this, uni-strut with carriers, I just tied to the Z drag chain with some velcro strips. I may add something similar to what you Brian uses if this does not work out.

1 Like

Looks like you got it!

Yup. Just need to learn how to use it now. LOL!

1 Like

So the new machines don’t have the steel brackets? If that is the case it seems like a step backwards when it comes to stiffening the frame. I just recently received the kit to extend to 10’ and it has extrusions cut @ 45 deg those must be the brace.
bs

Nope mine came with the 80/20 cut and drilled. I may make some steel one’s later and swap them out.