Fusion 360 CAD CAM

I’m a Fusion 360 user. Let’s talk CAD design. + CAM manufacturing.

1 Like

Hi, from your experience is 3d modeling freeform objects like in 3ds max or blender worth learning in fusion 360 have you tried that i believe it’s called sculpting in F360.

1 Like

For Fusion360 one aspect I haven’t incorporated yet to workflow that would be amazing, is proper machine setups, so the simulation can show the machine, and also maybe the proper spindle with tool holders. If anyone has a machine profile created for 4896 or 4848 would be a great share for the group!

1 Like

I’ve only used the freeform modeling a tiny bit. It’s not how I usually work. That said, I have used it and Fusion had no problem creating flawless tool paths with the Avid post processor. These cavities were produced that way.

3 Likes

I’ve created rough profiles for my spindle and collet for when I know my toolpaths may be near a collision. They aren’t highly toleranced. Would be great to have setups for the whole machine though!

1 Like

The chair I posted elsewhere (Panel Chair in ash) used Fusion 360. Here’s a front leg pocket toolpath:

2 Likes