New ex controller, hiteco atc help needed

New here, had my 5x10 pro for last 5 years, currently waiting on the new ex controller, clearpaths and an rm70c from cncdepot, while anticipation has been killing me softly i came across a deal on a 4.5kw hiteco atc, ordered a 7.5hp vfd from automation direct but got a little discouraged when i opened up the electrical box on the hiteco, so many sensors and leads compared to my very simple s30c im running at the moment. Does anyone have this spindle and would be willing to share their setup? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think @corbin might have a hiteco…

I saw that, i commented on his post. In the meantime i was able to track down the wiring schematic and got the fan to work along with supplying the power but my hiteco has 3 sensors that id like to wire in to the vfd as well. Hopefully he’ll see the message and help a newbie out

Yeah, I was out for a while (Burning Man)! I only hooked up the basic required wires: the 3 phase and the fan. The one extra one I did was for the button on the side; I have my wiring diagram showing how I hooked it up to relay that opens the spindle.

I didn’t hook up the other sensor wires, which can detect if the spindle is open/closed and spinning/not spinning. Those would be great to add in, and I did run a wire for them, but never actually used them.

For wiring, most of it was already done via the box I got from CNC Depot. My spindle’s power wire comes into the bottom of the blue distribution block. I wrote on the bottom of my box notes on what each is from left to right: And, U, V, W, 5, 6, 7, 8. I think 7/8 are thermal overload indicators, but I will have to double-check on that…

VFD wires…which aren’t really useful unless you know what they go to in the Avid control box, but that wiring is documented by Avid.

1 Like