Wooden Bathtub on Pro 5x12

Fun and challenging project on my Pro 5x12x12”. I used Fusion for the CAD and CAM. Made of Tigerwood.

I intend to do a build video but I took like 12 hrs of video and haven’t wanted to spend the time to edit that mess…

26 Likes

Damn son!!! That sir is amazing!!

2 Likes

That’s sweet! Did you cut all the pieces individually then work it once you glued it all together?

1 Like

Thank you! I like how it turned out. And it’s functional.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, exactly. I machined it in layers that I could fit in the Z travel and then built a simple clamp system to assemble the machined pieces. It was all final shape and just needed to get hit with sandpaper before the finish.

3 Likes

Very nice, how did you go about sealing all the layers together ?

1 Like

Wow! Thats very nice!

1 Like

Wow this is amazing! Fantastic job!

1 Like

That is absolutely amazing and quite beautiful, can’t wait to see your build process. Excellent job keep it up.

1 Like

Just wood glue (tightbond 3) between the layers and a wooden boat finish using a penitent epoxy and spar varnish.

2 Likes

Stunning! Very nice job!

2 Likes

Did you cut holes in between each layer to add dowels or biscuit joiner to provide strength?

1 Like

Yeah, I used dowels. It was not really for strength because there was plenty of glue surface area. It was for alignment. I didn’t want the sections slipping during the glue up.

1 Like

Wow! That is beautiful!

2 Likes

That is a piece of art. Great work!

1 Like

Pack it in, ladies and gents, we’re not topping this one.

Superb.

1 Like

Wow, that’s awesome. Look forward to any build video you make.

1 Like

Nice work OP, never would have thought to do something like this. Hopefully it holds up over time.

2 Likes

Thanks! Me too. I think it’ll hold up fine. It’s a water resistant wood and wood boat finish. It’s a penetrating epoxy and 10 coats of spar varnish.

That is wicked cool! [1] did you have any issues with sectioning? Did you use a fiberglass matting? Do tell!

1. please share the video link when it’s condensed down. ↩︎

1 Like