I was running a surfacing program and didn’t like the way it was running so I stopped the program and since that point my z axis isn’t running properly. The z axis is making some not so great noises and really only wants to go down. I press the z up and it jumps down but if I hold the z up it will go down then go up. I love to hear your thoughts.
Machine is a Desktop Pro 24x24 with plug and play NEMA 23 electronics
Troubleshooting to this point.
- reset machine and computer
- Checked connections to z axis
- checked all connections to and in the control box to make sure they were seated properly
- I played with the motor tuning a little and nothing I did helped
- check to see if the coupler is loose
- remove motor and see if the problem happens without any load
- swap x and z wiring to see if the problem follows
If you have any other troubleshooting ideas, I’d love to hear them.
Thanks in advance